This is an in-person instructor-led training where a small group of participants will learn about the Blockchain technology and its application in enabling Smart Cities or making Smart Cities a reality. We will discuss the business benefits of Blockchain and its applicability in all aspects of Smart Cities – including Smart Transportation, Smart Government, Smart Energy, Smart Healthcare, Smart Mobility, Smart Infrastructure and other such Smart City initiatives.
The training will begin with demystifying Blockchain – including the Blockchain technology, its capabilities, its core value proposition and the hype. We will discuss both crypto and non-cypto use cases of how Blockchain can be applied to solve many city problems. We will also discuss how any city can use Blockchain technology to build not only the next generation of intelligent smart systems but also apply Blockchain to improving the city’s existing legacy infrastructure such as bridges and older city assets. We will discuss the role of public/private partnerships and a collaborative framework using Blockchain. The training also illustrates the deficiencies with Blockchain, including gaps and other issues related to consensus, latency and immutability and ofcourse how to overcome them. The training also provides how consumers, businesses, city residents and traveling population can benefit from Smart City initiatives using Blockchain.
Overall each attendee will become extremely knowledgeable with the Blockchain technology, its value proposition, its capabilities and how Blockchain can be applied meaningfully and thoughtfully in cities, towns & businesses.
The highlight of the training will be, what past students have dubbed – “the best part of training”, a unique, collaborative and hands-on workshop where all attendees solve a real problem using Blockchain capabilities. We will provide you with a toolkit that will enable you to systematically analyze any use case and evaluate it as a potential fit for Blockchain. These skills will undoubtedly empower attendees to explore the use of Blockchain in their organization.
Who should attend this training?
This training is designed for both business and technical employees in large, medium and small companies, utilities, coops, towns, cities, regulators, public utility commissions, states, provinces and federal agencies. Past attendees have included employees. Past attendees have been business and technical executives, Management, VPs, Directors, Managers, Project managers, Business analysts, Technical experts, Database experts, Software architects, developers and others.
1. What are the dates & timings of training? Its on May 9th from 1pm to 5pm.
2. Do I need to be technical person? No, you do not need to be a technical person to attend this training.
3. Do I need to bring my laptop to the training? No, you do not.
4. How is the Training on May 9th, different than the conference on May 10th? On May 9th is the training, which is an instructor led training in a class room setting. There will be two instructors delivering the training on May 9th from 1-5pm to a small group of attendees. On May 10th is the main conference with over 30 speakers who will speak in a conference setting and moderated panels. The Conference is the next day on May 10th from 8am to 5pm.
5. Will I get course material? Yes you will get hard bound copy of course book.
6. Can I register for both Training and Conference together? Yes, you can.
7. Can I just register for Conference and not the Training? Yes, you can.
8. Can I just register for Training and not the Conference? Yes, you can.
9. How do I pay for Training and Conference? You can pay separately for Training and Conference or you can pay them both together to get some discount. We strongly suggest that you should pay for both the events ahead of time – training on May 9th and conference on May 10th – as soon as possible to get maximum discount and confirmed booking.
10. Do I get a certificate after the training? Yes you will get Smart Cities Blockchain Certified Champion (SBCC™) certification and a personalized physical or digital certificate.
11. How do I buy ticket? Visit our ticketing page to buy ticket.
12. If I have questions about the training then who do I contact? Send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond promptly.
13. I have questions about venue, parking, etc — where do I get that info? Please visit the web site with these details.